Thursday, December 22, 2011

My Bad Luck with Fortune Cookies

Maybe I should stop opening these cookies but being the masochist I am, here's yet another installment.  Once again, the others at my table got encouraging words and I got this:

People forget how fast you did a job-but they remember how well you did it.

It would appear the cookie gods have a problem with my work ethic.  Not everyone can devote their time to making stale rocks, I guess. Maybe if you spent a little more time crafting your confections they would taste a lot better.  But, no, I'm doing my job fast and not cranking out five-hundred boxes a minute.

7 comments:

  1. You sho' eat a lot of Chinese food, Ben. I think you should write your own fortunes. Better yet, save them up and make a poem out of them. Merry almost Christmas!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its okay, Ben. Not all days are same. I wish you good luck with cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just a long winded way of saying "Haste makes waste", which is a bunch of bullshit anyway. I am a fast worker. I can do the work of three people AND do it well. Whoever wrote that fortune just can't work fast and well. ARRRGH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just think Ben, the dude that wrote that was probably hired by the cookie factory from the Chineese version of GoodWill...Have a merry Christmas, And may all your gnomes be jolly and bright! Yeah, I can now comment without having to go through all the bs that I was having to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marion: They have good lunch specials so we go there every couples weeks or so.

    Shreya: Haha thank you. I like soft cookies best.

    Annie: Totally. Your comment cheered me up, Annie :)

    Hmwsd: I think they're actually made in California, strangely enough ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok so he was hired through our verson of good will;-) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

You've found your way inside my head and now there's no way out!