Friday, December 09, 2011

My Bad Luck with Fortune Cookies

I'm a glutton for punishment so I went out with my dad for Chinese food.  We got clever though.  This time we switched cookies, hoping to trick fate and give me an encouraging fortune.  It was one step ahead of us.  My dad got ended up with:

No need to worry, you will always have everything that you need.

I bet you're wondering what I got.  Remember that scene in Jumanji when the boy tried cheating and the boardgame made him grow a tail?  Yeah, kind of like that.

Self-respect is the root of discipline.

Yes, yes, I know what you're thinking.  "I respect Ben, he's so cool."  But don't!  Buddha will come on you like a golden statue.  I don't have self-respect and I will never be Kung-fu Panda.  Also, something about discipline.

5 comments:

  1. LOL! Don't you know you're supposed to add the words "in the bed" after your fortune? Lordy, we've been doing that since before we knew what 'in the bed' meant. Gives you a whole new outlook. I have a bucket full of fortunes I've saved from cookies for years. Ever so often I pick one out and laugh. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought respect for "others" was most important in the bed room ;)

    You should post a picture of this awesome bucket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol!! ;) I am sure you got "bull horns" along with that tail as well ;)

    And reply to your reply comment in your Butterfly poem: I waited 30-35 minutes I guess, it was annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have become disappointed with fortune cookies..don't tell me something I already know. Just lie to me that something exciting is coming into my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shreya: Wow, that is some incredible patience!

    Susie: I know, exactly what I want and never get.

    ReplyDelete

You've found your way inside my head and now there's no way out!