Monday, November 07, 2011

Rainbow Baby

That girl with the golden smile
Ain’t so pearly white;
I’ve seen her cry her silver tears,
Sacrifice ‘til black and blue.

Red blood shot eyes
And thoughts of grey
In ultra-violet spectrums,
We can’t see but know are there;
Indigo’s a myth that we hold onto.

I’ve seen the rainbow’s spectrum lie,
Or maybe it has always told the truth
And we’re too blind, too quick
To get the bigger picture.

Something in the arch is lost
In the horizon’s translation;
Blue trails off to meet
The hardened smile of a girl.
.

8 comments:

  1. Second to last stanza is SO beautiful...and cool picture by the way.

    Have we decided our book club book yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Berlinerin: Very happy you liked the stanza I doubted :) Hocus Pocus by Kurt Vonnegut won the poll vote.

    Maria: Thank you. I felt like exploring colors ;)

    Pitufina: Siempre me estás alentando. Gracias :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue trails off to meet
    The hardened smile of a girl.

    I loved this. It has an urban grime feel to it, while at the sametime all soft rainbow hued. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Annie. Exactly what I was going for :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Ben. I'm enjoying this perceptive and kind
    of kicky song-like poem. the end reveals all.

    ReplyDelete

You've found your way inside my head and now there's no way out!