Sunday, March 07, 2010

My Mermaid in Eternity

My Mermaid in Eternity
.
Scuba diving in the ocean depths most deep
Reflects the fathoms of my heart that weep.

The Squid and schools of fish float out of reach
Singing songs of love washed up on the beach.

A starfish shines so neon bright to taunt
Forcing my mind toward memories that haunt.

I see my darling in the city lights
Beset with wild thrills and joys of night.

Quite mirthfully I call to her out loud –
Seaweed encapsulates her in a shroud.

The sun reflecting on the surface dims
Darkness takes away her face and limbs.

She bobs a mere torso in the current
A sordid case of organs to lament.

Still, I reach out toward what is left of her
And smell the faintest hint of perfume myrrh.

Her body briefly does reform its shape
Down to every, blemish, scar and scrape.
.
We make love but she’s expressionless
Bringing tears of grief I can’t suppress.

Her soul has gone beyond where I can look;
On past the winding rivers, trees and brook!
If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You've found your way inside my head and now there's no way out!