Saturday, April 09, 2011

Obama '012


The Spice in general does not give endorsements to political candidates.  However, on this rare occasion it has decided to make an exception.

So, hey this is Ben.  We haven't had a heart to heart in a while.  Or even much finger to keyboard for that matter.  I've been good.  Trying to get coursework finished so I can apply to grad school and what not.  But also, I've been thinking.  No, not just in poems.  I have non lyrical thoughts.  Don't let the recent consistency of posts fool  you.

I've been thinking about President Obama's reelection campaign.  People had high hopes for him in 2008.  I was one of them.  But I didn't think he was going to fix everything.  And, of course he hasn't, but he's made progress and worked harder than most other presidents in recent history.  He could have given up on health care reform, he could have on financial reform.  But he didn't.  Whether you agree with his policies or not, it's hard to doubt his leadership.

He led America back to growth after the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.  He's widened the safet net, allowing young adults out of college to stay on their parent's coverage longer.  He's given the FDA more power to keep the food we eat safe, which given the amount of recalls and illness in recent years was a great necessity.

Tax rates have not gone up, countless women still have access to reproductive care and millions of federal employees are still employed because of his actions merely in the past year.

These are but a few of the reasons Nice Old Spice endorses the reelection of President Barack Obama.  And why I personally will vote for him once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You've found your way inside my head and now there's no way out!